Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hits from the Blog

Remember that one time when I said that I needed to simplify my posts so I can do more of them and get them out more often?  Remember?  Yeah, guess what didn't happen...

I've spent the last three weeks working on yet another EPIC post, which still isn't done.  This upcoming post will tell a great story of a time long ago.  A time of myth and legend, when the Earth was still young. When the ancient gods were petty and cruel, and they plagued mankind with suffering...oh wait, that was Hercules.  Okay, so maybe it's not going to be THAT epic, but it should still be pretty cool.  While you wait for the latest epically epicness to come out, I have decided to send to all of you a smaller post to help remind you that I am still writing on this blog.


I recently viewed the stats page of Blogger to see the kind of traffic this site was pulling in, when I noticed that we have reached a special milestone.  Since this whole thing started in November of 2010, we have had over 10,000 visitors to the site.  Now before we break out the celebratory hand shakes and back patting, let's stop for a few minutes to review how we managed to reach such major accomplishment.


Upon further inspection of the Blogger stats, I have discovered where the majority of the hits have been coming from.  I have outlined them for you in pie chart form:


I have also outlined (again in pie chart form) the top ten countries that have visited Edge of the Lemon:




So as you can see, a vast majority of the failed internet searches and vicious internet viruses have been coming from the US.  That and the conclusion that Mike Wheeler is very popular in Europe and parts of Asia.


And finally, I thought that I would share, in addition to the above, the top 10 key word searches used to bring  unsuspecting websurfers and internet worms to this little corner of the blogging world:

Not sure where that last one came from...

So there you have it - 10,000 hits since we started this thing.  Thanks to those of you who have stuck with us from the Uncle Buckey Ads all the way to Cara's "Beard o' Bees".  To keep hope alive, I have decided that the 1 billionth person to visit this site will receive a special prize - your choice of a free box of plastic forks (the clear kind) or a $5 gift certificate to BMW of South America.  Keep hitting that refresh button!


And as always, I leave you with a few internet pics found during my slogging through webland.










For those of you who know me well, I hope that last one was extra special for you...


-Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I would like to make a motion that "Wheeler" officially replace "First." So without further ado...

    WHEELER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheeler is the new black.
    And I am SO going for those plastic forks... then I can go yard forking. In Lakeville. Off 35. Like west of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Parks and Rec. I laughed so hard at that quote. Fishing's not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. This is gonna take me a half day to go back and read everything

    ReplyDelete