Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lemon Quickies

Sometimes I don't have enough of a story to do a full storyboard but still some interesting situations that can be shared.  I am tentatively calling these one frame sketches "Lemon Quickies".  Below are a few I've put together so far.  Also, it is snowing here in Minnesota today so I have a feeling I will either be rolling around in the snow with the kids or hiding in terror from the amateurs on the road who forgot, in the 6 short months, how to behave in this stuff.  Either way, I'll be working on a few more cartoons this weekend with the hopes of having them posted soon (M and I are now racing to see who can post the same story first).

I love my family, but there are times when I have to play the bad guy and say "no".  It's not easy to do all the time, but sometimes it just needs to be done.  Here's what the back of my car would look like if I never said "no" to M and the kids:


But to be fair, they are the Yin to my Yang.  M sometimes has to play the bad guy to me or we'd be stuck with this:


We recently found some new cat treats for Sophie and Sabine which are cheddar flavored.  We usually get them tuna or beef or chicken flavor, but when we saw cheddar, we thought we'd give it a try.  Long story short, they loved them!  In fact, they have become rather aggressive when it comes to getting these treats.  Before, they would just sort of ween interest.  Now they turn into monsters who can't get enough...especially little, docile Sophie who will stand in the pantry all day waiting for someone to walk by so she can start screaming for more cheddar treats.  Both cats gave M a scare the other day when they became a little too aggressive:


We've since run out of these treats, and the cats have gone back to "normal" now that they can't smell the inviting scent of delicious cheddar in the house anymore.  We're still not sure if we're going to buy more...

If you read the previous post below, you would know how much of an exciting time M and I had at a recent parenting class.  This was the scene once we came back home from our torturous event:


I personally believe our world would be better off if we stopped listening to psychotic adults that are just like the rest of us and started listening more to what kids have to say.  Here are some words of wisdom from my 3-year old son, Ash:


OK, probably not "better off" per se, but I bet our world would be further up the Utopian scale if we all just had a little more penis food...maybe.

-Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment