Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mike Wheeler vs The World

Ever since my post about Occam's Razor, people have been commenting about how they loved seeing Mike Wheeler in a post.  What surprised me most was the fact that everyone seemed to actually know him.  Wheeler once said that he knew everybody, but I just thought he was trying to impress the folks at Waffle House so I dismissed it.

Then I started to see the truth one day when we went to lunch:


And started taking note of all the subtle hints around me:


But it couldn't be true, could it?  I still had my doubts:


But he was everywhere I looked.  Seriously, how in the hell was he doing all of this?


I decided to put it to the ultimate test:  I would take him to Rome to meet the Pope.  If Wheeler was known all the way over in Vatican City, I would truly be convinced...maybe.

Once we arrived, there was a swarm of people and I lost Wheeler in the crowd almost immediately.  I searched everywhere, but I could not find him at all.  Suddenly, out walks the  Pope and guess who is with him:


Unbelievable!  How in the world can this possibly be happening?  At that moment, I started thinking of the cunning prankster that is Mike Wheeler, and I realized this was some elaborate hoax on my behalf.  There was no way everyone actually knew Mike Wheeler.

Until someone in front of me made the following comment:


My friend Jerry says, "Chris likes to spin a yarn."  M says that I like to embellish when I tell stories.  I still have no idea what they are talking about...

-Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Mike Wheeler saved my life in the 'Nam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Wheeler, you're my hero.
    SAVE WHEELER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A guy named mike wheeler in Australia actually saved my life. Not even kidding. Miracle.

    ReplyDelete