Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Placed Into Conference

We live in such an interesting time.  Technology is moving faster and faster each day and we are only limited to our own imaginations as to what we can accomplish with it.

Folks, the future is now:



Yet I can't help but wonder why we are so limited on certain things.  Things that should not be an issue have become common occurrences of inconvenience in our otherwise convenient World of Tomorrow.  I don't believe it's because we don't have solutions.  I just think it's because we'd rather invent the next big thing and not go back and fix the half-assed stuff we should have made better.

Case in point:  Why is it that phones still only allow one person to talk at a time?










*Seriosuly, this happens all the time...just ask Karen and Cara.


This is why I loathe conference calls.  And of course, because of my poor behavior, this usually happens next:



Please someone fix this soon.

-Cheers!




3 comments:

  1. only thing more annoying than that is an IM group chat. Sure every comment is shown to the whole group, but when everyone is typing a response at the same time NOONE reads what everyone else wrote! Then you spend the next 10 comments saying "I replied to that up above", "I replied to your reply up above above your reply"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure this just happened to me again today. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, conference call shennanigans. My boss frequently joins my co-worker and me for department-wide conference calls. During our last one, when they asked for questions, she said, "I have a question," and rattled it off. They moved on without addressing her question, and she angrily hit the mute button and said, "Why do they ask for questions if they aren't going to bother to answer them?"
    ...only to discover that we had been muted during her question, but NOT muted during her rant.
    I...um...had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard. (I mean, having a coughing fit, of course.)
    Good times.

    ReplyDelete